With schools shut down and life, as we know it currently being put on pause as a measure to curtail the Corona Virus pandemic, keeping our children engaged in productive activities, is important. Here are some useful resources we received from a friend and thought to share. We also provided some additional information about some of them so you are better equipped to make decisions.
– Curiosity Stream – paid platform $3/month
– Tynker – Computer programming for ages 5+
– Outschool – Ages 3-18 $5 per class
– Udemy – several options both paid/free
– Beast Academy (Math) – Ages 8-13, $15/month(there is currently a $15 off coupon for a 1st-time user valid till 31st March on the site)
– Khan Academy: khanacademy.org – Ages 4-18 Free
– Creative Bug – Arts and crafts online courses $7.95-$9.95 a month; there is a free trial offer
– Discovery Education
– Crash Course Kids
– SciShow Kids
– National Geographic Kids
– Free School
– Geography Focus
– Kids Learning Tube
– Geeek Gurl Diaries
– Mike Likes Science
– Science Max
Lots of board games, library books (and Kindle) etc.
Some resources to help with kids at home:
Scholastic has created a free learn-from-home site with 20+ days of learning and activities.
Pretend to travel the world..Go on a virtual tour of these 12 famous museums.
*This is an awesome curriculum; everything from preschool activities to 12th grade is here!
List of thinking games by grade: https://allinonehomeschool.com/thinking/
More awesome free learning websites:
Hope this makes the stay at home period more productive and engaging for you and your kids.
Wash your hands and stay safe.